T4 and T5 strip lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please explain the difference of T4 and T5 light fittings.

Am I allowed to have a strip light under the cupboard directly over the kitchen sink. Does bathroom part P apply ? (Zone 2).

I need to buy the striplights for the Electrician to fit on the installation of my new kitchen.

Thanks Roy

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I'm with Crafty on this.

Those thin fluorescents have tri-phosphor tubes, so give top quality white light and plenty of it, without the heat you get with TH lamps.

I've got 8 of them in my house.

Thanks for input Crafty and Stoday. Thats the way I was thinking. Just dont know the difference between T4 and T5. All the warehouses seem to sell both, just slightly different wattage and the T5 has bigger diameter tubes. Any Thoughts or info ?

Roy

At the company I work for we have had no end of problems with tri phosphor UCL fittings (the ones with the pencil thin lamps), and as a result we no longer fit them.

We fit slimline standard fittings, and if you use the linkable ones there is very little wiring involved

Crafty said:
jj4091 said:
Do you mean these, http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...n_Index/Kitchen_and_Under_Cupboard/index.html if so then I would not recommend them at all, you would be better with low voltage downlighters like these http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...hen_Index/Cabinet_Lights_1/index.html[/QUOTE]
Why? Please explain your reason for wanting a directional, narrow beam of badly coloured light as opposed to a flood of white light more suited to working conditions.
Purely & simply because I have found them so unreliable & the light given off by the halogens in such a restricted space(between cupboard & worktop) is not, in my opinion, noticeably different.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back