Range oven not sparking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When i turn the oven on my range oven does not always spark to ignite the gas. The gas is coming through but the auto ignition spark does not always work. The gas rings are fine, they have a button to press for ignition.

Tried cleaning the electrodes but still same

thanks

Sponsored Links
Is the centre electrode shorting to earth & how big is the gap between the centre electrode & the earth electrode? Do the oven & hob use the same spark generator?

jj4091 said:
Is the centre electrode shorting to earth & how big is the gap between the centre electrode & the earth electrode? Do the oven & hob use the same spark generator?

cant see any shorting and electrodes look clean. The gap is 3mm. Not sure if they are using the same spark generators havn't got that far yet. The cooker is a Leisure Rangemaster 110.

Thanks

You will need a multimeter to test for a short circuit , sorry cannot suggest anything else until you eliminate those things for certain.

Sponsored Links
jj4091 said:
You will need a multimeter to test for a short circuit , sorry cannot suggest anything else until you eliminate those things for certain.

I have a multimeter, can i test from the electorde?
Is the 3mm gap ok?

Thanks

yes, set the multimeter to resistance/ohms & check that there is no conductivity between the centre electrode & earth.3mm is fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back