Gas oven Diplomat G720 - Igniter won't stop clicking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since my wife cleaned the oven, the oven auto lights OK, but the igniter still keeps sparking ever second after the oven is alight, any ideas as to what stops the igniter?

Sponsored Links
dry it out with a hair dryer!

water has either got into the igniter button or under the knobs (if you can remove them then do so its easier to dry the insides)

Thanks, I will give it a try around the igniter at the back of the oven. There is no 'button' as the igniter 'sparks' when the oven control is turned on.

having reread the post!!
check that the flame sense probe is in the flame as it is probably hanging loose so the signal doesnt get back to igniter to shut off.

Sponsored Links
I guess that if I can understand what tells the igniter to stop sparking, then I will be able to find the problem!

I have just taken another quick look and it seems that there are 3 potential 'sensors'. There is a small probe at the other end of the main burner which I am guessing heats up to allow the main burner to open up, there is a long thin probe in the back corner which I am again guessing is the thermostat and there is a collar around the ignitor which I am thinking may be the sensor that you are talking about. I will give it a clean later today (I have noticed that the flame that is surrounding it is yellow!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back