MIXER SHOWER PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of Armitage Shanks Thermostatic 3 mixer showers, one has a problem and the other one requires advice!
Problem one is that whether or not the water at max setting comes out hot or warm is a lottery, new thermister on boiler and totally sure the boiler is fine! Water comes out acceptably hot by drawing cold water out via the adjoining sink.....HELP!! PLEASE!
Advice One...I want to remove one of my units in a downstairs WC and replace it with a cupboard, what do i need to do to remove it and block off the water supply? Am i best \\\" getting a man in \\\" ?? !!

Sponsored Links
First shower: it sounds like a faulty cartridge.

Second shower: you should blank off the supplies at the point where they tee off.

Thanks......when you say " faulty cartridge " is that a specific part or are you referring to the whole thing?

Sponsored Links
gurgunshiner said:
Thanks......when you say " faulty cartridge " is that a specific part or are you referring to the whole thing?
I would call the whole thing a "shower valve", whereas the thing that does the thermostatic business inside it is the "cartridge".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back