Where can I buy heated and coated triple glazed patio doors?

zo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to buy heated triple glazed sliding patio doors. They need to have an internal coating filled with inert gas for optimal heat retention.
I watched Grand Designs on TV where someone had ordered large glass panel from Belgium. The size of my patio doors is approx width 248cm x ht 210 cms. The frames should be white Pvc as opposed to wooden frames.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
eewindows.co.uk sell them. Assume u mean sliding patio doors, triple is no good in french or bi folds because if they slam the middle pane bangs on the glass.

• Thanks
Reactions: zo
heated doors? :confused: why?

Because it is absolutely freezing by my patio doors. I have a through lounge and although the large patio doors are double glazed, they are very old 1986 and the frames are aluminium. The seals are probably not very efficient either as it feels quite draughty. I can't afford to put central heating on all day, so just heating the patio doors for a short time makes sense. At least to me. lol

I think she is confused.

No, I am not. I did see Grand Designs where a couple ordered very large heated triple glazed doors. I think she ordered about 15 (not sure), and three of the panels shattered due to some technical fault. They were replaced and were fine.

eewindows.co.uk sell them. Assume u mean sliding patio doors, triple is no good in french or bi folds because if they slam the middle pane bangs on the glass.

Yes. I would like sliding patio doors.

I think she is confused.

No, I am not. I did see Grand Designs where a couple ordered very large heated triple glazed doors. I think she ordered about 15 (not sure), and three of the panels shattered due to some technical fault. They were replaced and were fine.

I saw that episode, i remember 2 wires coming out of the corner of each unit, on site the electricians layed the cables with connectors to coincide with the wires on the units and they all married up perfectly.

Agree, you also have to factor in the extra weight, my guess is that the fabricators wouldn't guarantee the hinges on the french doors or bi-folds if you specified triple glazed units, this would probably be the case even with a sliding patio door, the rollers certainly wouldn't last as long or even the runner, its one of the reasons you never see laminated glass in these frames (bar a few exeptions) and without doing calcs i'd say triple glazed was even heavier

Agree, you also have to factor in the extra weight, my guess is that the fabricators wouldn't guarantee the hinges on the french doors or bi-folds if you specified triple glazed units, this would probably be the case even with a sliding patio door, the rollers certainly wouldn't last as long or even the runner, its one of the reasons you never see laminated glass in these frames (bar a few exeptions) and without doing calcs i'd say triple glazed was even heavier

Yes, I assume you are right about the weight and the rollers not supporting the weight. I very rarely open the patio doors, so I suppose it should last.

Yes, the window glass panes /frames gets warm. Excellent, as there isn't any room in the extension for a radiator.

Jesus how small is the room? :eek:

It's part of through lounge. One side of the wall has a two seater sofa and the other side has shelves, hatch to the kitchen and a boiler. The external wall is all patio doors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back