Double door lining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to get a new door opening made between the kitchen and dining room for a double door. The plumber who's doing the heating system next week does general building work too, and will put in the lintel and chop the old brickwork out ready for me.

Looking online and in the shops, I don't see many double door linings available. My plan is to either use 2x 2ft6 doors or a set in B&Q that totals about 4ft wide.

Do I get 2 single door linings and adapt to fit?

Sponsored Links
Our builders merchant always has split packs open for one reason or another so it is possible to buy a spare door 'leg' and use it as a long header.

Otherwise you will have to buy two casing packs. At least this way you will have plenty of choice where knotts are concerned. Always select left and right hand casing legs based upon where the hinge cut-outs etc are likely to be, so as to avoid the dreaded knotts.

That's great, thanks

I need another one anyway as I've knocked the bathroom and toilet through and want a central doorway, so having a load of spare parts to hand for both jobs sounds like a good idea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back