Fixing skirting boards to a plaster over brick wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I was wondering what type of screws/rawlplugs I should use to fix 20mm thick pine skirting board to a wall. The plaster's a bit wavy so I want to screw rather than glue to the wall and the bricks are too solid to nail anything through.

Google searches seem to suggest a 7mm dia, 3" hole, brown rawlplugs and number 8 2.5" screws

Thanks,
James

Sponsored Links
Hi, I would advise for you to use 2" x 8 and brown rawl plugs, with a 6.5mm drill bit, easy as pie, make sure you countersink and filler your screws and use knotting solution on your pine as over time knots will show through your paint/ Finnish, I always glue and plaster wavy? I would consider using a different plasterer for next time round, I hope I have helped thanks and if you need any advice just ask 🙋

Thanks SBS, that's pretty much what I did, I think I used 2.5" with a 7mm drill bit though. Just sucked the skirting board to the wall.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back