Lost cross dowel aka barrel nut from IKEA table

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now I have finally worked out what the part is called and with no help from IKEA who don't want to know or help can I ask some advice on how I can resolve an issue I have.

During the course of moving I have lost just one cross dowel 'nut' that is used to secure a bolt from the legs on an IKEA dining table.

A web search shows that I can get hold of most sizes of nut but not one that is an exact match for the one lost, its actually 60mm long and I think has a M6 fitting.

Would anyone know anywhere that sells a wider range of nuts or suggest a way to secure my table leg :)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Your local store might well have a "bucket" of spares.
Better than going thru head office they maintain you buy the whole product.

Pics would help, there could be alternatives.

Thanks both. misterhelpful the link you said is that part but that has two holes in it but the one I have missing has just the one at the centre point so this wouldn't suffice.

One option may be to get a collection of different sizes on top of each other so the hole for the bolt is at the right point.

Sponsored Links
The replacement does not need to be 60mm , just needs to span the hole thru top of leg, I have similar table, the one with double holes would work fine.

I was missing a part off a door from Ikea, and due to lots of things going on we ended up leaving it over a year. It was only for a soft close.

Went back to Ikea, the lady on the returns desk found the part I needed, put the number into the computer and had it sent direct from Sweeden.
Magic. Lovely customer service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back