Kitchen Design won't work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are in the process of having a new kitchen installed that was designed by a well-known joinery company.

yesterday, we discovered that where we had planned to place the cooker, was the mains water pipe from outside, which my plumber says can't be moved.

This has resulted in us having to make some changes to the placement of the cooker and cabinets either side, which I'm fairly disappointed with as it doesn't give me the look I was hpoing to achieve, but I'm resigned to it as I don't think there's anything else we can do.

My installer and plumber both said that the design company should have picked up on the mains water supply issue when designing the kitchen.

So my question is, do I have a cae to at least request some money back from the designer or is there not much I can do ?

Thanks

Lee

Sponsored Links
If they are a professional company, then they should have spotted this problem and suggested an alternative layout, if you have paid them some money for the design work, they have not fulfilled their contract, and they in my opinion should re-imburse you, or give you a new layout.

You may also be able to claim costs involved in re-working the design, since you may effectively end up fitting 2 kitchens!

The legal route is messy and best avoided though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back