£1000-£1500 for supply and fitting (Soton Area) best combi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently moved to a 4 bedroom house and need to replace the central heating system with a combi boiler.

Our budget is around £1000-£1500 for supply and fitting.

Please can anyone recommend the best rated combi boiler for our needs and a good fitter around the Southampton area?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Eeerrr....the answer is "no, it is our total budget"

And you'll be very lucky :LOL: try doubling that budget. Triple and it might get done properly.

Sponsored Links
The best combi for that type of property, would be a Worcester Bosch 42 CDI.
Unfortunately, it retails at £1535 by the time you include the flue, and fittings.
Conversion and cleaning of exising system will be at least 2 days labour on top of that.
Last version building regs part L wants a 2 zone system for a house that size, so it needs partial repiping in order to create a sensible 2 zone system.

Same part L requires a progammable roomstat, so add if you don't have that yet.

Not a snowflake's chance in hell that your existing gaspipe would meet 2012 requirements, so you'll have to add several hundred pounds for that too.

I'm afraid you are either looking at a lot more money than your current budget allows, or adjustment to something far less than the best boiler, and a not so good installer. I wouldn't even come round for a quote unless on the spec you want, unless you more than doubled the max.

Exactly what do you have just now and what are you wanting done .

The best combi for that type of property, would be a Worcester Bosch 42 CDI............................ :LOL: :LOL:

If it was the last boiler in the world you'd not want to fit a Worcester Tupperware Bosch boiler!!

By the way, I think this thread is a 'wind up'............. :LOL: :LOL:

42cdi.... Bit of a call considering the op mentions nothing about quantity/type of bathrooms.
Maybe it's 4 beds, 1 showe room with electric shower?

The OP is evidently an expert on designing and specing heating systems ( and pricing ).

I should love to know why he has chosen a combi as the best solution for his property. Perhaps he lives there alone?

Tony

42kW in my house (4 bed deatched) you must be having a giraffe :eek:

Hell 18kW is OTT for heat... ;)

Agree that there is a distinct whiff of wind up on this one though :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back