Looking for new Combi Boiler - Need advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I currently have an Intesa Combi boiler. It was installed by the previous owner of my house around two years ago. It's recently started playing tricks and is generally not producing continuous hot water (boiler keeps cutting out for short periods before starting again).

Anyway, we've decided to change theboiler as I've heard the Intesa (linked to Ariston) are not the best around. This one local plumber has said the boiler is also more suited to small offices than a decent sized three bedroom house which I have.

Could someone please point me in the right direction regarding a replacement Combi Boiler? My budget would be around £1000 (including installation). Any advice would be gratefully received. Many thanks, Gareth.

Sponsored Links
Your choice of combi vi-sa-ve your budget may be influenced by one of the following criteria:

a) Paying a tradesperson to Flush system, remove & dispose of old boiler, bring system up to current standards as req: eg. controls, supply/install new boiler (inc fittings pipework alterations and dosing with inhibitor, fitting scale reducer, magnaclean or boiler buddy), certification and notification for building control and give a guarantee for 12 months.

or

b) Buying the boiler and installing it yourself.

Sponsored Links
There are hundreds of thousands of Ariston boilers serving properties all over the UK.

Your immagined budget will only pay for another budget boiler badly fitted by an East European and you could end up far worse off. A quality boiler will cost over £1000 just to buy!

I would suggest you need to find someone competent to repair your boiler. It should cost little more than £100 !

You could start by finding the local Service Agent from MTS ( the holding company for Ariston.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back