£3200 about right ?

JPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what do ya reckon

new combi ideal 28he....7 rads, trv, rf3, cleaser and inhibitor...fitted

rip out back boiler, cwst, hwc and 1 rad (only 1 fitted!!!) and related iron pipework in a bungalow.

£3200....sound about right ?

in leicester

(gas meter 2 meters away..condensate ok, electrics already there.)

Sponsored Links
depends on whether your paying it or getting paid it ;)

sounds about right for my area, maybe a bit high but not much

Sounds very cheap to me if that an all inclusive supply and fit price!

Have you checked that he is CORGI registered??? Either seen his CORGI card or looked him up on the corgi-gas website?

Tony

whoa calm down agile, Thats not tthat cheap for seven rads pipework etc.

Sponsored Links
its a job for a customer....

agile...from what i make out ur in london...a bit pricier down them parts

I am in london and we dont charge as much as that for similar work, we are not that much cheaper but would not consider that cheap :eek:

Sorry, I did not note that the price does not specifically mention power flushing!

I had assumed this was a proper professional job including power flushing and not just a bit of cheap chemical and no proper guaranty on the work!

well its a completely new insatll would you recommend a full on powerflush tony?

or would x200 hot and cold flush do (like daddy used to :) )

Why has no-one yet said the following:

DO NOT GET AN IDEAL BOILER!!!

You will be paying for a breakdown engineer for the next 5 years, then you will replace the boiler!!!

Ideal = :confused: :( :cry: :mad: :evil: :evil:

Pay the extra £50-£70 and get a decent boiler. I visit 3-5 Ideal boilers a week for a local authority in London, all under 2 years old, all installed well, all with either: major leaks, PCB failure, split heat exchangers or flame rectification problems. They are a disaster zone, I'm not exaggerating.

ACO is right, up untill recently our firm fitted nowt but ideal icos and isars but they started failing bad on the bits ACO has described above, maybe worth looking into another manufacturer.

The install boys have been chucking in Viessmann and I aint had a call yet so looking good

(the firms change of policy was due to this site and the amount of bad press the chaps gave ideal)

Cheers again boys it has been a feather in my cap :)

No Corgiman, we have both misread it at different times.

He is removing a back boiler and one rad and fitting a combi and seven rads.

If he is going to completely repipe the heating circuit then I agree a powerflush and he can treat with X300 cleanser ( not X200 descaler ) and X100 inhibitor.

Since our price for converting from a back boiler to a combi would be about £1900 ( inc. PF thought ) then supply and fitting seven rads with all new pipework for £1200 seems quite cheap. We estimate at £300 per rad on a new system.

Tony

:oops:

sorry tony didnt read that and another :oops: for x200 I am thick today (lor is going to love this :) )

thx boys....i might change the quote to a diff boiler, but the quote sounds about right to me now i have had the day to think about it...

anyway going out now for a 40th b'day party (well meal and a glass of milk)

MILK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you call yourselve a PLUMBER its got to be a least twenty pints of tea with four sugars a cup!!!!

sheesh where do we find them :rolleyes:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back