1 rad stone cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have 1 rad bedroom upstairs that is cold,but both inlet and outlet pipes are warm. Have taken the trv off and the pin is up but wont move. I hope this makes sense. The other end i cant get it to turn at all.

Please help

Sponsored Links
If that other valve is turned off, there's no way you'll get anywhere.....can you remove the plastic cap and get a spanner on the shaft beneath?
John :)

Yep and pull the plastic cap off, you'll see the valve and spindle underneath, try and turn the spindle anticlockwise

Sponsored Links
Yep, take the screw out and pull the cap off.
If your luck is in, there will be two flats on the brass spindle that you can grip with an adjustable spanner and turn it that way.
If you find some splines instead, you can try some large pliers to turn the spindle.
John :)

Ok, have got the plastic cap off but will have to wait til tomorrow now as spanners in the shed and its dark now lol. But thankyou for advising me, will let you know how i get on tomorrow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back