11 Weeks Ago

There is a well known fact about young people, they do, eventually, grow up.
unlike brexiteers who continue to rely on blind faith and prejudice. It makes them easy targets for manipulation by a Tory government

Sponsored Links
The small word with a big meaning....no matter what happens,,Notchy will blame Boris for the bad,,,,
wrong

Johnson and his government are to blame for their dither and delay.
they were warned by other countries and did not act.
they told the public it was better for mass events to continue

the government, namely the civil service service have done a good job, since they've got with the programme -but we are now behind.

I landed at Heathrow form Bangkok on Friday evening. While in Thailand we were temperature checked at the hotel, entrance to the airport, at the boarding gate and on the plane before take off. (A couple of people were turned away at the boarding gate, as their temperature was too high). Hand sanitiser everywhere. On arriving at Heathrow queuing at passport control and mixing with 100's of other passengers from different flights, there was no screening or checking, just one person offering a shot of hand sanitiser, it was impossible to keep to the 2 metre rule as you pass each other up and down the queue. Just seemed pretty sloppy on arrival.

I landed at Heathrow form Bangkok on Friday evening. While in Thailand we were temperature checked at the hotel, entrance to the airport, at the boarding gate and on the plane before take off. (A couple of people were turned away at the boarding gate, as their temperature was too high). Hand sanitiser everywhere. On arriving at Heathrow queuing at passport control and mixing with 100's of other passengers from different flights, there was no screening or checking, just one person offering a shot of hand sanitiser, it was impossible to keep to the 2 metre rule as you pass each other up and down the queue. Just seemed pretty sloppy on arrival.

Doesn't surprise me but would have thought flights were down to a level where they could do better. Shutting airports has been mentioned.

The whole approach seems to have been initially it might just go away as others have followed by must keep the economy running. I can't help thinking that may have a bigger hit on it than a more direct approach may have. They could have taken a more direct approach and just stuck to repatriation returns and essentials coming in and stuff going out and placed some limits on people movements. Things are never that simple but .... Trump introduced people movement limits and then had to take it back and just tell people to think seriously about travel. To be honest I think a number of countries have got themselves into a situation where they can't do much other than they are doing and as a result most people may catch it. Behind that comes herd immunity - have some so make use of it.

Sponsored Links
Well this is what Chinese Nurses are wearing to protect themselves. Good old NHS? In some cases bin liners.

unlike brexiteers who continue to rely on blind faith and prejudice. It makes them easy targets for manipulation by a Tory government
They saw right through the Labour bull crap and didn’t vote against Brexit in the numbers that were predicted to put Jeremy at the helm though, did they?

They saw right through the Labour bull crap and didn’t vote against Brexit in the numbers that were predicted to put Jeremy at the helm though, did they?
youve just proved my point, thank you:

people in those Northern constituencies voted for Johnson and brexit because they were convinced the EU and immigrants were the cause of decades of decline in the North -despite the fact the decline was caused by Tories, and brexit would only make it worse. Which it already is.

There is a well known fact about young people, they do, eventually, grow up.

Unlike remoaners who continue to rely on blind faith and prejudice. It makes them easy targets for manipulation by an EU dictatorship.

I thought young people were generally remainers.

Unlike brexiters who continue to rely on blind faith and prejudice. It makes them easy targets for manipulation by anyone who says what they want to hear.

Some sort of good news. An alternative to a ventilator has been designed. Sounds like it's at least part trialled and if I got the numbers right 50% of the people that went on it didn't need to go onto a ventilator. Mercedes (F1?) reckon they can make a 1000 a day. Interesting that some of the others may be able to match that. They haven't much else to do in some ways at the moment. ;) Not entirely sure I trust their software people but probably better than m'soft etc.

Flight attendants are being asked to volunteer to help in hospitals. Seems they will go on being paid in some cases. Most have some pretty serious on the spot medical help training and will receive more. Hope there is enough masks etc. Seems to apply to the Nightingales, to help under direction from a doctor. Hope the one in B'ham is going on at least partly in parallel to London's and the others too but knowing the gov ??????????????

Germany are testing at an amazing rate. Be interesting to see how well that works out. MP just said we were "amongst" the highest. Telly showed one man doing it manually but would have thought automatic gear is available somewhere or the other here. How many and test kits pass.

Mention of deaths in old peoples homes not being counted. To be honest the way that was reported not sure if it applies in the UK.

All from the beeb's 1oclock news.

wrong

Johnson and his government are to blame for their dither and delay.
they were warned by other countries and did not act.
they told the public it was better for mass events to continue

the government, namely the civil service service have done a good job, since they've got with the programme -but we are now behind.
You hate the Tories and Boris Notchy...End of.

Sponsored Links
Back