13,333 btus of 15mm pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am putting the pipework in for a heating system and am left with 3 rads to pick up with 13,333 btus of heat needed for this 3 rads. After the last rad on the circuit before these 3. Is around 4 meters, I have ran 22mm from there. I plan on reducing down to 15mm around 300 mm before picking up the first of these 3 rads. Should that be ok? On a sealed combi system

Sponsored Links
Why not reduce after the first of the three? Better to be too big than too small...

It should be okay as the flow rate, velocity and pressure loss, will allow these rads to be heated effectively over this length with 15mm pipe.
But as above, I would run the 22mm, as far as possible before reducing down.

Is it a completely new installation? If so, what is the design temperature differential?

Sponsored Links
If I kept it at 22 till after the first of this 3 rads. This rad is 4185 btu. leaving around 9000 btus for the over two rads in 15mm Its just the pipe work goes around a corner, so thought of reducing down in that elbow. Would you advise against and this and take 22mm to that rad only 300mm from the elbow.

Last edited:
So if I did it this way id use a 22mm,15mm,15mm tee to pick up the first of the 3 rads and reducing down to 15mm to the last 3 rads

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back