1400 lining paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I've bought some Wilkinsons 1400 lining paper, and the instructions say to paste the wall, not the paper. Has anyone used this grade of paper this way??The paper isn't all that stiff, but I'd have thought it would be more user friendly if pasted up 5 minutes before use...

Any advice welcome!

Ta

Sponsored Links
It will be a non woven paper, which doesn't expand when pasted, its actually easier to use than traditional LP because of this. There's no reason why you can't paster the back of the paper as normal if you prefer to do it that way (i do).

There's no reason why you can't paster the back of the paper as normal if you prefer to do it that way (i do).

Why would you prefer to do that, please? :eek:

Apart from anything else, pasting the wall is quicker (no booking time) and you don't need the space for a pasting table.

i just find it easier to hang with the paper pasted, i prefer hanging the paper wet than dry, tend to get creases with dry paper, would never knock anyone though, just my personal preference

Sponsored Links
There's no reason why you can't paster the back of the paper as normal if you prefer to do it that way (i do).

Why would you prefer to do that, please? :eek:

Apart from anything else, pasting the wall is quicker (no booking time) and you don't need the space for a pasting table.

i just find it easier to hang with the paper pasted, i prefer hanging the paper wet than dry, tend to get creases with dry paper, would never knock anyone though, just my personal preference

I often used to paste some sheets of paste-the-wall papers for that exact reason. Generally, it would be the pieces that would need manipulating around awkward areas, where thicker, dry paper will often crease. Also, non-woven papers don't need booking time so it doesn't really take up much longer, but obviously more space for the table.
On the other hand, I agree that pasting the wall is far quicker and easier when doing straightforward runs.

Swings and roundabouts!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back