15mm to 1" pipe connector? Do they exist?!

Hi Guys,
Sorry for the late reply I'm on night shifts and needed my sleep :(!

Anyways heres the photos I just took if you need more let me know. Seems like the previous owner has used some famous PTFE tape on the inlet already, I can see you guys love it.

http://imgur.com/a/s4A8M

I hope this helps and I can get ordering (As the ballcock float is split so I've got a dripping overflow and would rather just get rid of the whole thing all together!)

Thanks again for all the help

Sponsored Links
Definitely copper. Probably 28mm or inch. You'll need to measure it.
If it is 3/4" Then a 22mm fitting will fit with an imperial olive.
I've measured and its 1", what would I need to get to attatch the two? I'm guessing once I've got the right fitting I can just use a pipe slice on both and run some new 15mm up to the fitting and jobs a gooden?

There's a good chance a 28mm compression fitting will do the trick.

If you can undo the 1" pipe joint at the tank you can do a trial fit by pushing the end into a new 28mm connector and see how snug it is.

You should also be able to check that the new olive is a good fit on the end of the exposed pipe before committing to cutting any pipework..

Sponsored Links
There's a good chance a 28mm compression fitting will do the trick.

If you can undo the 1" pipe joint at the tank you can do a trial fit by pushing the end into a new 28mm connector and see how snug it is.

You should also be able to check that the new olive is a good fit on the end of the exposed pipe before committing to cutting any pipework..

Let's hope so. So do I just order a "28mm to 15mm reducer" and fit it 'backwards' so to speak?

I'll give it a go and reply in a couple days once I've done it :) thanks for the help and other advice I'll keep an eye on the thread

Done and done. Thanks for all your help guys. The pipes made a hell of a noise and were sputtering when I first tested it all out but works a charm now!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back