17 degree pitch

Sponsored Links
Sorry guys about the text speak, will not do it any more. New to the site. Done half of the rear lean to today, thanks for the help. With the distance being 115 inches from the wall to the back of the wall plate an a rise of 17 degrees would i have to put noggins in between the rafters. Iam putting three velux windows in , i know i have to noggins above and below the velux windows but will i have to for the rest. Also on the drawing it says i have to put packers in between wall and first rafters and the packers have to be bolted with 10mm diameter resin bolts. The bolts will be going into 100mm thermalite blocks and the packers i will be using is the same as the rafters 8*2, can anybody tell me which ones to use and how to use them or any advice please. Thanks Carl.

i know i have to noggins above and below the velux windows but will i have to for the rest. Also on the drawing it says i have to put packers in between wall and first rafters and the packers have to be bolted with 10mm diameter resin bolts. The bolts will be going into 100mm thermalite blocks and the packers i will be using is the same as the rafters 8*2, can anybody tell me which ones to use and how to use them or any advice please. Thanks Carl.
You do not need extra noggins between rafters. These are only essential as bracing between joists on a loaded floor.

As for "packers", what do you mean by this?

What exactly is the drawing asking for? You may need restraint straps at mid-span on the gable ends with solid bridging or noggins across three rafters.......?

Perhaps it is something to do with venting :?:

How are you insulating this vaulted, lean-to roof with velux?

It would have been interesting to have told us these three facts at the beginning.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps it is something to do with venting :?:

How are you insulating this vaulted, lean-to roof with velux?

It would have been interesting to have told us these three facts at the beginning.
this is what it says on the drawings
200mm*50mm rafters @400mm ctrs. For 4.00m span. The roof will be plated on the underside with 12.5mm thick (building regs want 18mm) douglas and fixed with fir ply nailed with 4mm dia*75mm long nails at 75mm ctrs to the underside of the rafters. The roof will be finished internally with 9.5mm plasterboard and skim. The roof will have a 150mm code 4 lead flashing apron flashing at its junction with the wall. A cavity tray will be used with the flashing to prevent the ingress of water.
the top ends of the rafters will be birds mouthed onto 150mm * 50mm sw wall plate and will be fixed with truss clips. The wall plate will be raw bolted onto the wall at 900mm ctrs. The base of the rafter will be birds mouthed onto 100mm*75mm sw wall plate and fixed with truss clips. The wall plate will be strapped to the wall with 300mm*5mm ms [email protected] ctrs.End rafters to be resin bolted @900 mm ctrs into adjacent wall to prevent shear with a min 4no 10mm dia resin bolts. the rafters will be doubled up where trimmed around the roof light. also it has to be insulated and a gap for ventilation. Not sure on the insulation and the gap my drwaings are in my dads.

For got to mention got a structural engineer for my steel and he done me a pack, an in that pack it says put a packer beween first joist and wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back