Recommendations for a low pitch roof tile?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we are currently building a single storey extension of 4.15m depth under permitted development. The roof pitch is likely to be just under 17 degrees which I realise reduces my choice of tiles substantially. We have a concrete plain tile on the main roof and need to match as close as possible to satisfy the permitted development criteria. I am currently considering Marley Wessex and Sandtoft 20/20.
We plan to have 2 velux roof lights and would like your recommendations and tips for a roof tile that will perform well at this pitch as I have read many stories of leaking roofs.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
It has been increased from 3 to 6m until May 2016 subject to neighbourly consultation scheme.

You could use a Marley Modern type tile without any problems. Ok they recommend a minimum pitch of 17.5 with a 100mm headlap, by altering this(110?)you'd be ok. The fitting/technical specs are not that critical(.75 deg)in that it would render the tile inadequate. IMHO of course.

Sponsored Links
I think he wants something that will match his main roof terry.

Ah right. I just read plain tile on main roof and considering the Wessex because of the pitch so assumed the Modern or similar was on the main roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back