1810 company kitchen tap spanner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have attached a picture from underneath our kitchen sink. We have an 1810 company mixer tap that occasionally works loose and I've only been able to hand tighten the plastic nut on the back. Is there a special kind of tool for this type of fixing or has anyone a solution that works better than my hand. Because of the sink I can't fully get my hand round it to give it a good go

Ta

Attachments

• 20230716_133953.jpg
    20230716_133953.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 83
Sponsored Links
I really don’t know why plastic is used in scenarios like this, unless it’s cheaper. Seems to me like and ordinary wide adjustable spanner should do, but you could snap it being plastic. If it were my top, I’d be looking for a brass backnut of a similar size, looks like 35mm?

I really don’t know why plastic is used in scenarios like this, unless it’s cheaper. Seems to me like and ordinary wide adjustable spanner should do, but you could snap it being plastic. If it were my top, I’d be looking for a brass backnut of a similar size, looks like 35mm?
I can't fully get at it but it looks like it has a metal nut inside the plastic but I may be mistaken

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back