2 Electric Lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone help me. This should have been so simple but...... I have the 3 wires coming up - Live, neutral & Earth - from the fuse box. I have the double switch - L1, L2 & Common across the top and Common, L1 & L2 across the bottom. I have the wiring from the two lights - Live, neutral & Earth from both. I want one switch to work one light and the other switch to work the other 2 lights which are wired in one after the other. Please can someone tell me how to wire all this up. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
please note that the switches are not wired "top and bottom"..

the Com will be on the opposite side to the L1 and L2 for the switch ( IE they are 2 triangles facing opposite directions.. )

Sponsored Links
All working now. Had to use L2 on both to get it right. Many thanks again for your help. Kind regards. Phil

breezer said:
thats because the switch is upside down (honest)
Maybe not. I've found some manufacturers use COM and L1 for one way switching and others COM and L2 - and that is with the legend "TOP" at the top!

IRRC MK use L2 as their 1 way terminal, whereas the majority of manufacturers us L1

I think you do RC and I've always wondered why MK has to be different.

I've just finished wiring my kitchen extension and afterwards I felt like jumping all over the grid switch. I'd just finished struggling to wire 2no 20amp grid switches connected to the ring in a single box when I realised the switches no longer go in the frame from the back. :evil:

Yes good innit? And how many different layouts of CB have they got for the Sentry CU. I've got three, so far.......

Yep I make it 3 different designs.

The least they could do is make their MCBs and RCBOs look the same. To the untrained customer it looks like you've fitted the wrong make with the old style RCBOs

All made in China too - I used to be all Mk for CCUs but i've had a few bad cbs where the screw wouldnt tighten up on the busbar or cable.
Use Wylex mostly now because I HATE having to go back to site.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back