2 gang dimmer what can I do!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am looking for a decent 2 gang dimmer, this must be low voltage compatible, problem is 340w on one circuit and 250w on the other, keep seeing loads of 250 2 gang about and some 400w 2 gang, but they stated mains only!.

I have some crabtree flatplates, they use MEM dimming modules, on the literature is says they do 400w modules but I cant track and down, all the shops only have the 250w

I am sure you guys must have come across this problem many times.

Can you recommend me a different brand?

Many thanks

Darren

Sponsored Links
Thank you, are they any good? what do most people do in this situation?

there is no way I want to split the load into 3, the 2 gang remote looks good.

Darren

Sponsored Links
That's (your link) a electronic 'transformer' as opposed to a wire wound one

darren7 said:
Thank you, are they any good? what do most people do in this situation?

Darren,

I've had a 4 way version of this in my bedroom for a month or three, and it seems to be fine - get's a bit warm to the touch, but the mfr says that's normal.

The only minor drawback (probably more a problem with 4 circuits than with your two) is that you have to look at what lights are switched on to switch 'em off, since you can't tell from the position of a switch.

Personally I can live with that, especially since the novelty of messing around with the lights while still in bed, with the remote control, hasn't worn off yet...

--Sif

That looks like an Aurora transformer. If so i am sure this will be compatable with any dimmer. Hard fired dimmers are used for the old reliable wire wound Tx.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back