2 months to prepare conversion plans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So we have commissioned an Architectural designer to prepare plans to convert 2 cottages into house. Is it unreasonable of us to expect plans, at least the starting drawings in a 2 month period? Especially when said chap said he would have initial drawings ready in 4 weeks.

Sponsored Links
Yes it's unreasonable if he agreed otherwise? Hope you haven't paid anything yet. Tell him you'll go somewhere else if he's taking too long, though you need to have lined up someone else beforehand ideally.

Today I had the paperwork back he took away. No comments, nothing. Just stuffed through the letterbox. No bill, thank f***. Just waste of two months.

Sponsored Links
I would never use an architect, I'd use a designer/architectural technician. I was PM on my own house build- I gave a general spec, drew some floor plans and said, "Like that, any ideas considered."

It doesn't really matter who you use provided they're qualified and have a clue, there are technicians round here charging the same or more than architects so it cannot be taken for granted you pay OTT for someone who's registered.

99% of people who get plans drawn refer to their plan drawer as their "architect".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back