2 pump's

mysteryman you cant do it as s plan plus as you need to have a common boiler on signal but independant pump control

But there will be only ONE pump with mysterymans option.

Your plan is catering for two pumps which are not needed if S plan plus was used.

Sponsored Links
yes i was just thinking that as it seems a lot more complicated with the relays
it would be simple to move the 1 pump to the attic
but if i was to get the 3 relays the orange wire goes in and the boiler and pump go in as well??

les asked how it would be wired with the relays, I think he realised it would over complicate things so maybe its just curosity.

hello chaps,

can anyone explain to me how you can wire a Y plan up so you can have low voltage coming back to the boiler. I understand how a S plan can do this as I've done it in my own house.

cheers ;)

Hello 5times , the orange output that would normally turn on the boiler would be used to switch a relay, the low voltage from/to the boiler would be connected to the relay normally open contacts.

Sponsored Links
picasso mysterymans plan is correct if i was to stick with one pump.
but there is a 30 sq mtr extension currently being built at the moment and i will be installing ufh in this space
now at the very least i'll be using 2 pumps but more than likely it will be the 3
the controls were going to be the h37xl pack but i'm now using the h47xl pack which is for 4 zones
the ufh will have it's own pump and controls.
the conservatory has it's own pump and controls
and main house & dhw share 1 pump and have independent controls.
the company that i found in dublin that supply the relays are going to do 2 wiring diagrams for me for the h37xl & h47xl which incorporate the wiring diagrams from horstmann.
the problem i have is that i never had to use relays before on a heating circuit.
thanks

thanks picasso for the post about nc & no that was what i thought they meant

I thought the whole point of this post was to use 2 pumps? I know the s plan plus can do 3 zones but it cannot do what you were asking about, not quite sure why the idea of using relays is scary, they are just simple switches.

the problem for me is i 've never used any relays before
and yes i understand the orange switch wire goes to the relay
but i just thought that i switch wire would come out of the relay and go into the boiler and pump and that the neutral would just come from the wiring center to them
i was'nt planning on doing the ufh till next summer that's why the first post only concerned 2 pump's
thanks.

hello chaps,

can anyone explain to me how you can wire a Y plan up so you can have low voltage coming back to the boiler. I understand how a S plan can do this as I've done it in my own house.

cheers ;)

You don't get low voltage from a Y or any plan, it will all be 240vac

More details may help.

hello chaps,

cheers ;)

You don't get low voltage from a Y or any plan, it will all be 240vac

More details may help.

I think he means how do you obtain voltfree switching to fire the boiler on a y-plan doitall

answer...... you use a relay to do the switching and energise it by the valve orange/cylinder stat connection

correct matt1, that is what i mean..the way I wired my S plan was everything was 240v right upto the brown on the 2 port then wired the low voltage wire from the boiler to the grey wire there for the grey putting low voltage on the orange.

still carn't crasp this three port one tho!! where are we getting this relay from?! ok here is how i understand it everything is 240v then orange wire is wired up to a relay then from the relay out and bak to the boiler low volts??

am I close :confused: :confused:

correct matt1, that is what i mean..the way I wired my S plan was everything was 240v right upto the brown on the 2 port then wired the low voltage wire from the boiler to the grey wire there for the grey putting low voltage on the orange.

still carn't crasp this three port one tho!! where are we getting this relay from?! ok here is how i understand it everything is 240v then orange wire is wired up to a relay then from the relay out and bak to the boiler low volts??

am I close :confused: :confused:

Volts free refers to the switching. and need a special stat.

Look at the Salus RT500 range for example.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back