2 radiators not working-help please..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a problem with my CH system. the radiator in kitchen(ground floor) and one in bathroom(first floor) are not working- all else fine. Boiler is Baxi solo 2,60 PF, system boiler. the 2 rads are not heating at all- completely cold!. I tired beelding all the radiators-there are 8 -draining the whole system- flushing with Wickes flushing chemical in overhead tank and refilling with wickes inhibitor- but no luck. Today I took out the kitchen radiator and washed it well too! there was quite a bit of black stuff that came out- put it back, it tried to warm up for a few minutes ie- hot water seemed to be reaching it- but then it became cold again...!
I have also tried closing all other radators and jut keeping these 2 on- and even just one of this one- no luck!
today one CORGI man came and tried bleeding etc... when he failed suggested power flushing all rads. at a cost of 400 or changing all rads for 1500. not sure this is the right way forward.
any help will be greatly appreciated..
regards
ben
:(

Sponsored Links
Have you got thermostatic rad valves? if so pin may be stuck so remove head & pull pin out. Sometimes valve may need a tap also to free valve seat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back