2 simple questions about my new house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I just bought a new house and want to understand the heating & dhw systems. I have 2 pretty basic questions:

1) There is a small (looks about 5 gallon) tank mounted beside the cold water tank in the loft. It has pipes going into the big (50gal) cold tank. Any ideas what this could be for?

2) My boiler is a standard type (i.e. not combi). It has a min to max dial on it, but what does this actually do? Would it control the absolute temperature of the water flowing around the system, or would it just reduce the time the system takes to get up to temperature?

thanks
James

Sponsored Links
I think the pipes from the small tank should not be going to the big tank.
The small tank (header) should have an overflow & an inlet (inlet I think is usually mains.
The temp dial controls the heat of the water running through the boiler, so in summer you would tend to have it lower, although not neccesarily.

Im not a plumber OR heating engineer as they like to call themselves. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back