2 way 3 plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wiring a new lighting circuit in my home it will be powered from an existing lighting circuit. Now here comes my anxiety attack!
twin and earth to the first 1.5mm switch then 3 core and earth to the second (switch feed and two strappers).

Now where do i wire the nuetral to should i use a connecter block in the second light switch.

i.e. I know how the strappers and cpc all go together its just the Nuetral I'm having problems. or do I just leave the nuetral at the 3 plate?

Does that make sense??

Thank in Advance

Sponsored Links
1976 said:
I am wiring a new lighting circuit in my home it will be powered from an existing lighting circuit. Now here comes my anxiety attack!
twin and earth to the first 1.5mm switch then 3 core and earth to the second (switch feed and two strappers).

Now where do i wire the nuetral to should i use a connecter block in the second light switch.

i.e. I know how the strappers and cpc all go together its just the Nuetral I'm having problems. or do I just leave the nuetral at the 3 plate?

Does that make sense??

Thank in Advance

a light switch has no neutrals. its live and switched live.

see for reference for wiring diagrams

So I should just terminate the nuetral at the 3 plate from the existing lighting circuit?

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
1976 said:
So I should just terminate the nuetral at the 3 plate from the existing lighting circuit?

thanks in advance

see for reference. all lightin diagrams are in there. if you do not understand from then, you should not be messin round with the electrics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back