Battery back-up fluorescent fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a twin fluorescent light fitting to put up in my garage, and it also has a battery backup fitted, which obviousley requires a permanent live to charge it. Its the firstt time i have fitted one utilising the backup feature, so im after a little advice from you learned chaps.....Is it just a case of simply giving the fitting a switched and permenant live....eg im planning two put 2 x 1.5mm T&E's to it, one a permenant live and nuetral , and the other a switch wire and a nuetral. Is this correct :?:

Sponsored Links
I take it there's not a fitting up already then as all the wires would already be there?

you can use 3C+E from the switch ( assuming that your switch has a neutral which if you're using an FCU there will be.. )

Could take a 3core and earth to instead of 2 twins

and its normal to fit an emergency test keyswitch, or are you going to rely on switching off the mcb for this?

The lighting circuit in the garage is fed from a switched fused spur so i will be using that as a point of isolation/test. 3core & Earth is a good idea and i hadnt thought of it, but as i have more than enough 1.5, ill use that......Cheers for the advice chaps, most appreciated

Sponsored Links
Phase, neutral and earth from the FCU to the fitting connecting to permanent live, neutral and earth terminal.
Drop from the fitting to the switch having permanent live, switch live and earth.

Simples.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back