2 way fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When connecting switch as a conventional one way all is fine,when i indroduce the link cables, even if the link is not connected to the other switch,it always pops the breaker.

have re-sited the link switch,and extended the cable,only alteration.unsure if it worked correctly before as no one around to confirm!

Any ideas,tests???

many thanks

Jack'o

Sponsored Links
How are the link cables connected, directly from one switch to the other as in the for reference section? If so it is very likely you have damaged the cable somewhere on route, i.e. nail through etc.

yes linked from the first switch, have tested the continuity and all three cables to other switch, seem ok. although only joined them together at the first switch end

how can i test which one might be at fault?

Sponsored Links
Have you put a nail through the cable? The switch wires are only lives and an earth, so if it is popping the mcb, there must be an L/E short.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back