2 way light switch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP !!!.

I had some plastering done, the plasterer wrote the wiring on the board, then plastered over it !!.

I have a light switch in the loft, which can also be controlled from the lower ground.

There are 2 black wires and a red, and the switch has L1 L2 and a 1C port. Can anyone advise / help.

thanks

Sponsored Links
On the basis that you are talking about a 2-way lighting circuit and you are considering 1 switch ONLY and you have ONLY the specified 3 wires then you can wire it up any way you can but you will do no harm - the system will either work correctly or it won't.

I'd suggest you connect the 2 blacks into the L1 and the L2 terminals and the red into the C terminal.

If this doesn't make the light work correctly then transpose one of the blacks and the red. say red to L1 and the black from L1 to C. If it still doesn't work correctly then swap over the blacks which are now in C and L2.

If it still doesn't work correctly then you have problems elsewhere - or you haven't told us the whole story.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back