20 Metre Hot Water Dead Leg! Any Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they've been around for ever, so unless you've been living in the deepest Amazonian rain forest I don't see how you can have missed them

Can be done with a combi can it? his cheapest option is to install a secondary loop is it? His initial idea sounds good, if you know of a way of installing a combi with a pumped secondary loop let us all know. Thanks.
Far be it for me to interfere now that you're warming up after a brief reflection on your cruel cockney humour, but I think Goldberg missed the word "than" in the post that all this refers to.

Sponsored Links
http://www.alpha-boilers.com/products/downloads/older_models/CombiMax/alpha_CombiMax_secondary_circulation_installation.pdf probably not exactly what you wanted but it is a combi

Hey that looks interesting!

Is there anything like that currently in production?

I'm also aware that with either a combi or cylinder at one end of the property - there will be quite a draw of water before the hot water arrives which I would like to avoid.

I like the idea of the secondary loop - as there would be negligible water wastage. However wouldn't you have to weigh this up with the cost of keeping a secondary loop up to temperature - and the cost of the pump running (constantly?) too?

some combi manufacturers alow secondary return fed bak into the cold main.Have to fit EV,PRV and relief though due to the 15litre rules.Return joins cold main after the safety set. :rolleyes:

A combi struggles to supply hot water to more thamn one outlet. instead of rollimg your eyes how about giving a clue.

It was a kind of looking to the post above emotion.

No need for clues,therw are some combis that give more than the 10litre mark that can supply multiple outlets.So combis can have this set up and you'll find out as soon as you ever get asked to fit one. ;)

A combi is a combi, a regular boiler is a regular boiler, a system boiler is a system boiler. A combi cannot provide a secondary return as far as I am aware. I`m not the one with the effin` attitude here.

Sponsored Links
It was a kind of looking to the post above emotion.

No need for clues,therw are some combis that give more than the 10litre mark that can supply multiple outlets.So combis can have this set up and you'll find out as soon as you ever get asked to fit one. :wink
:

I know and fit enough, name one that is capable of a secondary return.

it wont be the trash that the unregistered fit.

god almighty, stick a combi in the utility room and run a small unvented off an s plan near the bathroom , sorted

They're goading you Legion, and you're starting to rev up ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wrong. Goldberg has totally got it wrong and lcgs is backing him up , but, hey. peace and tranquility be upon you all, my Brothers. ;)

Goldberg has totally got it wrong
Well done - you got me. There's actually no such thing as a secondary loop. I completely made up the whole idea, and Grundfos doesn't make a 15-50 bronze pump for use in secondary loops.

And even if there was such a thing, which there definitely isn't, installing one flange, one pipe and one pump would be far more expensive than a new combi boiler and a new gas water heater and a new gas run and a new flue and a new electrical supply and the earthing and the bonding and the new consumer unit with an RCD and/or RDBOs and the LABC notification.

I feel such a fool to have been caught out.

Goldberg has totally got it wrong
Well done - you got me. There's actually no such thing as a secondary loop. I completely made up the whole idea, and Grundfos doesn't make a 15-50 bronze pump for use in secondary loops.

And even if there was such a thing, which there definitely isn't, installing one flange, one pipe and one pump would be far more expensive than a new combi boiler and a new gas water heater and a new gas run and a new flue and a new electrical supply and the earthing and the bonding and the new consumer unit with an RCD and/or RDBOs and the LABC notification.

I feel such a fool to have been caught out.

Could have just said unvented system and saved yourself the embarassment instead of researching and trying to come back and bluster your way through. Go away before you embarass yourself even further. ;) By the way, most engineers I know refer to it as a secondary return. most people reading it from the internet refer to it as the secondary loop. No one says loop in the heating game unless it`s filling loop, just so you know fer next time. ;)

Could have just said unvented system
An unvented system has nothing to do with a secondary loop.

You seem to think that I've researched something that doesn't exist. How does that work?

O.k. in your universe as you have said, how would this problem be resolved with this secondary loop. please explain this to me and I will thank you and be grateful for the knowledge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back