20 x 10 slate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all could someone please give me a bit of advice?
my neighbours (council owned) are having there roof re-slated, there has been a lot of agro over this due to the roofers sticking slates on
fitting a wet fit gutter bond as a dry one plus many other issues
Anyway my question is we have 20" X 10" slate they are fitting 500mm X 250MM does the battens need to be fitted at a different gauge or can the gauge be the same & so do away with this gutter bond?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Assuming they are natural slates rather than fibre cement they should be able to bond in BUT only if your slates are fitted with a 3" (75mm) headlap or more (looking at the batten coursing in relation to your slate it looks as though they are (assuming the batten gauge is correct)). It may also be that the council have specified that a bonding gutter is used at the junction.

One complication may be the batten thickness in that you will likely have thinner batten so a small hump may be visible without feathering in the batten

There is no way they should be putting a bonding gutter there, but that is the level of the joeys at the council I guess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back