22mm central heating system. New boiler new pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I am planning of having a new kitchen and bathroom very soon and I am also considering replacing the boiler. As it's approx 15-20 yrs old (Gloworm hide away). I can imagine getting the new kitchen and bathroom installed, both with tiled floor, and then the boiler breaking and then having to rip the floor up and chop the kitchen around. Especially if the pipe work needs replacing. The system at the moment is a vented system with single 22mm feed for all of the rads. If I get a new boiler will all the pipe work need to be replaced because boilers now designed for flow and return?

I have budgeted on approx £1,000 for a new boiler (Vaillant ecoTEC exclusive combi).

If the pipes need to be replaced could you please give an idea of cost?

3 bed semi with connection to 7 rads (no new rads needed and i already have therm valves fitted)
removal of cylinder and tanks in the loft.

I have notice the price of copper has gone up no end....
I reckon on about £3,500 inc the new boiler?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
mfurlonger said:
If I get a new boiler will all the pipe work need to be replaced because boilers now designed for flow and return?
What do you mean by that? All domestic boilers have a flow and return (with some older ones having more than one of each).

If the pipes need to be replaced could you please give an idea of cost?
That isn't what this site is about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back