2330 distance learning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody completed the C&G 2330 level 3 course by distance learning? The college that offers it is Bridgwater in Somerset (there may be more).

Currently looking into doing it.I'm a bit dubious though.It's quite expensive and I'm not sure you'll get the same kind of tutor/pupil feedback that you would in a classroom environment.

The firm I'm currently working for have contracts all over the UK,so I spend a fair amount of time working away.For this reason it's nigh on impossible to attend college,day release or at night.Hence the reason I'm looking at distance learning.

I have C&G 2360 part 1 (I got half way through part 2 but circumstances dictated and I couldn't finish it because I ended up working away again.I'm pretty sure I can't do this exam anymore,superceded by 2330 I believe)For what it's worth I also have the 16th edition.About seven years experience too.I started in the electrical trade aged 25 so I'm too old to go through the apprenticeship route.

I suppose I could change employer and do day release or night school but I want this to be the last resort.

Anyway,does anybody have any experience of 2330 distance learning?

Sorry for the long winded babble.Any help or comments appreciated.

I've searched the forum and found a few posts regarding this but not from someone who has actually completed this particular course.

I know this course isn't necessary as such but I want to do it just to improve my knowledge anyway.Possibly for JIB status in the end.

Is it possible just to sit the 2330 level 3 exam? Or is the 2360 part 2 exam still available anywhere?

I've searched many a forum and website after such information,it seems so disjointed and fragmented.I also sent C&G an email,they haven't even bothered to reply.

Almost forgot , hello everyone ! New member,although I've been a lurker for sometime.:cool:

Sponsored Links
well it would seem no-one has been on this course my friend. I can only suggest you get in touch and ask them directly about success rates etc. Or google it and see if there are any reviews from guys whove done it. I cant really suggest anything more but at least its a reply

Hi there, i`m currently on the 2330 course on day release i`ve just completed my 2nd year, another 1 to go!!! This course is new, it replaces any other course, it also has it`s floors! very unorganised!
A few of the lads that attend the same course also work away and dont attend college regulary, unfortunatley they have been kicked of the course because their attendance (according to C&G) is unacceptable.
My course costs £521 per year + £60 per exam, my employer got a grant to pay for the course. I hope this is of some help :

OK thank you very much for the replies.

I've done a little research and managed to find someone who was considering the course but was put off by the large amount of students on the course (150).There is 15 days practical for the level 3 course (the one I want) and apparently the college is struggling to fit the practical in because of sheer numbers.So it appears there is quite a large backlog and time limit is unknown.So it could be quite a wait to get the practical done.

I've also found that OLCI do the course by distance.It's quite expensive but they may be more flexible as regards the practical days.That's all I know at the moment.I will post back when I have more info.

I shall persevere because I'm determined to get this course done !

Once again thanks for your replies. :)

Oh and City and Guilds ? Three e-mails , zero replies :confused:

Sponsored Links
I did the 2360 part2 home study course through swindon college. I've just completed it and done exam at a local college, which was really handy. The course tutor is Jim Doig, so try them!

Thanks very much !

Had a quick look on the website,can't find the course but I'll e-mail them or phone them tomorrow if I get chance.

Cheers again :)

ml1936 said:
I did the 2360 part2 home study course through swindon college. I've just completed it and done exam at a local college, which was really handy. The course tutor is Jim Doig, so try them!

Ml1936,

I've contacted Swindon College by E-mail,as yet no reply.I didn't have chance to telephone them but will as soon as I can.

Anyway,how did you find the course? Was there any practical involved? If so , where did you complete this? I notice you are in Cleveland,which college did you do the exam at?

Will you be looking to get NVQ3 possibly for JIB status? Has the college mentioned the best way for you to do this?

Sorry for all the questions,I'm just looking for as much info as possible at this stage.

Good luck with your exam results.

Hi I am also in the same position working away and trying to study the 2330 Level 3 and NVQ 3. Did you have and luck with the course?

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back