24 Hours Service

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
That's not exactly an emergency is it.
I do a 24 hour emergency service. I refuse to go out unless it is an emergency
Emmm, you did read the bit about her not even getting the chance to say what the issue was?

Sponsored Links
Emmm, you did read the bit about her not even getting the chance to say what the issue was?

Err yes. What time did she call?

I've had calls 12 midnight asking how much a service is. Do you think we are sitting at a desk waiting for the phone to ring?

Last edited by a moderator:
In fairness to tesco they have said they would do everything to keep costs down...My daughter does two night shifts at a huge superstore, they now only light the bays they are restocking and use the retail side staff to help out, that includes the security guards that are now doing the goods in. Every little bit helps.

Ive never understood or used any of these services. it is lazy and cold i would have thought by the time it gets to you

Brother's neighbour has an almost constant stream of recent arrivals on mopeds delivering food. Even groceries. I was there on Sunday lunch time and moped pulls up outside next door. Out of his top box comes a KFC bag. Sad that Sunday lunch for them is reduced to a cold bag of overpriced, greasy chicken delivered by someone who probably can't even speak English.

Sponsored Links
Err yes. What time did she call?

I've had calls 12 midnight asking how much a service is. Do you think we are sitting at a desk waiting for the phone to ring?
Nope. You're still not getting it. The guys ad made reference to being available 24/7. My sister called him late evening, I can't recall exactly when. However, I'll type it again, she didn't get a chance to say what the issue was. The guy essentially said 'feck off' and hung up without knowing if she had a leaky tap or if her boiler had fallen off the wall.

I get that medium-larger businesses can legitimately offer 24/7, however smaller businesses, especially sole traders will struggle. Any time they're sleeping off the night before, away on hols etc, they obviously can't offer 24/7.

Brother's neighbour has an almost constant stream of recent arrivals on mopeds delivering food. Even groceries. I was there on Sunday lunch time and moped pulls up outside next door. Out of his top box comes a KFC bag. Sad that Sunday lunch for them is reduced to a cold bag of overpriced, greasy chicken delivered by someone who probably can't even speak English.
Strange comment

Nope. You're still not getting it. The guys ad made reference to being available 24/7. My sister called him late evening, I can't recall exactly when. However, I'll type it again, she didn't get a chance to say what the issue was. The guy essentially said 'feck off' and hung up without knowing if she had a leaky tap or if her boiler had fallen off the wall.

I get that medium-larger businesses can legitimately offer 24/7, however smaller businesses, especially sole traders will struggle. Any time they're sleeping off the night before, away on hols etc, they obviously can't offer 24/7.

I do get it and he was very rude.
If it were me I would have said is it an emergency? The answer is no ! So I'd ask can you phone me up in the morning (a more appropriate time)

I try to answer and respond to every call. The big companies you speak of will generally be in another town or city and give s 4 hour wait time ( I reapeat) 4 hour wait time.

I'll generally be there in 15 mins

A familiar tale, these will be the "working from home" sheeples. So many people now spend their entire lives couped up at home and living online. Modern day vampires, creatures of darkness. The daylight is too bright.
Strange comment
No it snot. What Reagan and Carter describes is everyday life for many. Perhaps not for you in sleepy hollow.

A familiar tale, these will be the "working from home" sheeples. So many people now spend their entire lives couped up at home and living online. Modern day vampires, creatures of darkness. The daylight is too bright.

No it snot. What Reagan and Carter describes is everyday life for many. Perhaps not for you in sleepy hollow.
Precisely, its everyday life, R&C made it sound unusual

I do get it and he was very rude.
If it were me I would have said is it an emergency? The answer is no ! So I'd ask can you phone me up in the morning (a more appropriate time)

I try to answer and respond to every call. The big companies you speak of will generally be in another town or city and give s 4 hour wait time ( I reapeat) 4 hour wait time.

I'll generally be there in 15 mins
I have to stand corrected, I was mis-remembering the story. It wasn't my sister and it wasn't the central heating. It was one of my tenants and the alarm went off and they couldn't shut it down. This was maybe midnight give or take. The rest is still accurate though. They phoned a local electrical/alarm business that offered 24/7 support. However when the tenant phoned, before they could speak all they got was a mouthful and hung up on. It was at this point the tenant phoned me. More by luck than anything, I found a guy via Google that said he'd be there within the hour. Think it cost me £150 or something ... and all he did was cut the wire!

I have to stand corrected, I was mis-remembering the story. It wasn't my sister and it wasn't the central heating. It was one of my tenants and the alarm went off and they couldn't shut it down. This was maybe midnight give or take. The rest is still accurate though. They phoned a local electrical/alarm business that offered 24/7 support. However when the tenant phoned, before they could speak all they got was a mouthful and hung up on. It was at this point the tenant phoned me. More by luck than anything, I found a guy via Google that said he'd be there within the hour. Think it cost me £150 or something ... and all he did was cut the wire!
Its knowing which wire to cut, did he not disconnect the batteries too?

Its knowing which wire to cut, did he not disconnect the batteries too?
tbh I can't remember all the ins and outs. It was an old system that wasn't under any support contracts or anything. The tenant was happy enough to use it, but on the understanding as and when it failed, it wouldn't be repaired. I 'think' by the time he got there the alarm had been sounding for a while (built up area) and he suggested to just cut the alarm bell cable and revisit to repair if the landlord so desired.

I didn't desire.

We used to advertise an emergency service

Not any more our definition of an emergency is not quite the same as some of the fruit cakes who would ring up

We used to advertise an emergency service

Not any more our definition of an emergency is not quite the same as some of the fruit cakes who would ring up

Yes; we have occasional (non) emergency call-outs.

One I recall was the "asbestos ceiling that has fallen down!", which turned out to be a single tile (still not good) which had been taken down (not too good) a few weeks before, and was neatly tucked away between a desk and the office wall...............

Sponsored Links
Back