24 Hours Service

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
I have to stand corrected, I was mis-remembering the story. It wasn't my sister and it wasn't the central heating. It was one of my tenants and the alarm went off and they couldn't shut it down. This was maybe midnight give or take. The rest is still accurate though. They phoned a local electrical/alarm business that offered 24/7 support. However when the tenant phoned, before they could speak all they got was a mouthful and hung up on. It was at this point the tenant phoned me. More by luck than anything, I found a guy via Google that said he'd be there within the hour. Think it cost me £150 or something ... and all he did was cut the wire!
I got a call one Saturday after from a Polish fella. His Kitchen was flooded with uncomfortable burst pipe.

Got there controlled the water and fixed thr problem.

He told me that he called one 24 hour service who said that he couldn't be bothered coming out.
Not even when he explained the water was gushing out.

Sponsored Links
I got a call one Saturday after from a Polish fella. His Kitchen was flooded with uncomfortable burst pipe.

Got there controlled the water and fixed thr problem.

He told me that he called one 24 hour service who said that he couldn't be bothered coming out.
Not even when he explained the water was gushing out.
This is what I'm saying, what some of them should put on their ads is '24/7 ... WICBB' meaning When I Can Be Bothered ;)

This is what I'm saying, what some of them should put on their ads is '24/7 ... WICBB' meaning When I Can Be Bothered ;)

It could equally mean, they will respond to an urgent call, within 24 hours, rather than the service being an immediate response one.

Sponsored Links
It could equally mean, they will respond to an urgent call, within 24 hours, rather than the service being an immediate response one.

The problem with emergency work is there is not enough calls from one area so the bigger companies tend to advertise far and wide. This means slow response times and unreliability.

I'd say I responded to over 90% of the calls I get and there within 15-30 minutes. They pay well so wish I had more.

Last edited by a moderator:
⁹⁸⁷⁶⁵⁴³²¹⁰

Last edited by a moderator:
Back