25 million on a disk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i never though you could get so much info on two disks :eek: it chilling to think wot info people can get if they could download so much on so little :confused:

Sponsored Links
i never though you could get so much info on two disks :eek: it chilling to think wot info people can get if they could download so much on so little :confused:

And to think that the micro dot was once considered to be ground breaking!

Why do they keep saying that the government has LOST the data.
I thought lost ment you havnt got it, but they still have it.
So should the news be saying the government have potentially shared the data.
or is there another term

Why do they keep saying that the government has LOST the data.
I thought lost ment you havnt got it, but they still have it.
So should the news be saying the government have potentially shared the data.
or is there another term

They could say that 2 discs which were copied from the originals had gone astray. In retrospect, I think they did say that.

Sponsored Links
And this goverment introduced the data protection act............. :LOL:

Why was such sensitive information not delivered by a more secure form...... :?:

Nothing to do with the internet. The system they were using was either missing the most basic security precautions - the kind of thing you could have on your own PC at home - to prevent file-sharing...

... or ....

someone Senior approved all this info being copied and then didn't think to check how it was being sent.

It beggars belief. My laptop is more secure than the Revenue computers!

Still, they're probably down the back of a desk in the sorting office. They'll turn up in 20 years when they decide to decorate... ;)

And in the meantime as I said elsewhere, millions of young girls, single mums, oaps and anyone living on their own are seriously at risk from every perv and crook in the country

And in the meantime as I said elsewhere, millions of young girls, single mums, oaps and anyone living on their own are seriously at risk from every perv and crook in the country

Well, everyone is at risk from crime. I'm not sure what your point is? Why people that live on their own?

The folk most at risk from violent crime are young men (who tend to be robbed, attacked or killed by other young men) and women and children in a domestic situation (it's usually the partner that does it, stranger-danger is actually very rare).

OAPs are about the safest group in the country. It's just that when they do get attacked it's in all the papers. Partly because it's a rare crime compared to, say, a teenager getting his trainers stolen by the school bully-boys.

if you can't see the real danger of exposing people living on their own to every crook and rapist/perv in the country then you must live a very sheltered life in Scotland

you'd think that they would have the data encrypted at least..

I know that most encryption can be broken but for joe public that finds 2 discs on a bus they wouldn't know what they had..

if you can't see the real danger of exposing people living on their own to every crook and rapist/perv in the country then you must live a very sheltered life in Scotland

No, I live in one of the most crime-ridden cities in the UK.

I just don't know why you are making this point in this thread. I explained my point pretty clearly. Care to explain yours?

No, I live in one of the most crime-ridden cities in the UK.

I just don't know why you are making this point in this thread. I explained my point pretty clearly. Care to explain yours?

We are all waiting with bated breath.

Sponsored Links
Back