2A Circuit breaker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have one of the 2A circuit breakers connected to the blender, i tried resetting it but the blender still does not seem to work.. Should i replace the circuit breaker or would there be another fault? although i did not notice anything else wrong.

Sponsored Links
Does the blender work on another circuit ?

Have you checked the fuse in the blenders plug ?

In techno speak a circuit breaker is a fuse at the main board, do you mean that the blender has it own circuit, or is your syntax slightly off kilter?

Sponsored Links
Are you using this thing????

Why?

is that a photo of your own, or did you get it from a website?

The one in your photo is maked "1A"

Where is it fitted? How is it connected? When did it last work?

If yoiu plug the blender into another, working, socket, does the blender then work?

If you plug something else into the blender socket, does the other thing work?

That breaker is very similar to the one which is mounted inside the blender. It is used to reset qutie frequently when the blender is running for a long period. I have tried in other sockets and still does not work. I bought this appliance in india so had the plug replaced with a 3 pin which i now realised has a 13 A fuse, the only road block for overload into the appliance is that circuit breaker which is connected internally into the blenders connections.

Are you using this thing????

Why?

is that a photo of your own, or did you get it from a website?

Where is it fitted? How is it connected? When did it last work?

If yoiu plug the blender into another, working, socket, does the blender then work?

If you plug something else into the blender socket, does the other thing work?

That breaker is very similar to the one which is mounted inside the blender.

Please show us a picture of the inside of the blender showing how the breaker is fitted.

1) use the "reply" button not the "quote" button.

2) read the instructions I posted to put the small photo inside your post

3) the internal connections of your blender look very amateurish. If it was me I would put a 3A cartridge fuse in the UK plug, and remove or bypass the internal breaker. As UK plugs are fused there is no need for an internal breaker as well.

thanks, i'll try that.. Yes the plugs in india do not hav a fuse, so the need for the breaker. and not an expensive model either.. hence the amateurishness :)

<looks at photos>

<shudders>

:eek:

Where did you buy this thing? It looks like some DIYer has had a go at rewiring it.

haha.. i bought it in india... nah its not a DIYer, just cheap trickery by company i guess.. its not an expensive brand, but very reliable... its a 2A and not a 20 A.. 20A wud be too mch lol.. it has a 600W rating

N.B.. that appliance is worth less than a fiver.. :) :)

haha.. i bought it in india... nah its not a DIYer, just cheap trickery by company i guess.. its not an expensive brand, but very reliable... its a 2A and not a 20 A.. 20A wud be too mch lol.. it has a 600W rating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back