3.5mm nuts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone know where i can get 3.5mm nuts from??

Sponsored Links
cheers exactly what i need but they want £20 minimum order, abit expensive for 1 nut! i'll have to try the squirrel option.

Sponsored Links
Try B&Q. I'm not saying they have them but they've started to stock many machine screws and nuts though could start at 4mm. Worth a shot if you're passing.

you just want one?

the size is used on socket and swich faceplate screws

what do you want it for?

i have a back box with a lug that has no thread! (not the adjustable one)its been tiled around aswell, im gonna put an extension collar through the hole fix it with the 3.5 nut then screw the 3.5 screw into that.

you could buy a 3.5mm rethreading tool from a place that sells electrical tools (just a few pounds)

you can often use it as is on a damaged backbox thread

if the hole has been reamed out, give the lug a squeeze with a pair of pliers so the hole goes oval, then run your rethreader through it.

it's a useful tool to have.

View media item 966
if you particularly want to use your extension, break up an old plastic pattress and extract the brass ferrules.

Hi jonny 1.

If you have any other spare back boxes kicking around, then take one of the lugs off that. The adjustable lugs come off very easily. JUst sit that behind the broken lug - and hey presto.

Same result - and you will probably be able to find a back box to buy , easier than you'll find a nut...

Calder.

Isn't this what you need -

MK3710.JPG

And here's another thread which might help you with this -

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=87439

If I could not repair the thread, I would remove an adjustable lug and place behind the fixed lug. Drill the hole in the fixed lug bigger. The adjustable nut will not spin and will hold still, unlike a nut.

If I could not repair the thread, I would remove an adjustable lug and place behind the fixed lug. Drill the hole in the fixed lug bigger. The adjustable nut will not spin and will hold still, unlike a nut.

But how would you hold the new lug in place while you screw the face plate on?

The pic I posted above - I think they come with nuts so they become fastened to the old lug.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back