3 PHASE 32AMP

Sponsored Links
If a motor is connected in star you can connect the neutral to the star point if you wish, however it is pretty pointless.
If it is delta wound then you can't connect the neutral.
In star, IL = IP, VL=root3 * VP
In delta VL=VP, IL = root3 * IP

Trying to compare a 3 phase supply to a machine which relies upon a rotating magnetic field to function to a single phase supply is pointless as the machine will not operate.

With a purely resistive load it is comparable, however if you want to get a given power output you need to apply the same amount of power be it single phase or 3 phase.
Assuming a star connected load, a machine with 3 heaters will pull 3x the current from the line of a single phase supply (and return it down the neutral) as it would if it was spread across each of the 3 lines of a 3 phase supply.

No wonder nobody knows what you're talking about, You're describing three phase and neutral circuits but by missing out the word neutral means you're talking nonsense.

And you said "Because when you work with 3 phase power it is basically 3 lots of single phase power.", so how do you connect the neutrals at a three phase motor.

Who said they didn't know what I was talking about ?

Ok on the last point I forgot to mention that I was talking about a connected resistive load over 3 phases - not a balanced 3 phase motor.
Yes and maybe I should have mentioned the Neutral, but hey-ho I assumed BAS would know what I was on about. It's Friday Holmslaw - lets not get into a disagreement.....

Sponsored Links
So, it's a Bellonia FII 70/60

http://www.beelonia.de/diemittleren.asp

This is the description:

The housing is constructed of double steel sheet and the stable and robust design feature is a security reaches far beyond the standard. This model can, with both wood and gas (8 KW) or electrically (380/400 volt, 5.8 KW operated). Because of the high performance variant of the electric heater is mounted and cabinet equipped with a thermostat of the. When wood or gas Heizschübe variant may be changed in seconds. 4 floors are about 45-60 fish, or about 30-40 kg of meat space.

There is no rating plate. But it shows the manufacturer Moeller C1 K3 125 1S

The electrical unit itself

It was secondhand

I think that was everything... If not - let me know. Thanks.

[

Because when you work with 3 phase power it is basically 3 lots of single phase power. If you had a 3 phase oven rated at 13A you can safely assume its 3kW per phase/9kW total (approx)
Now for an equivalent single phase oven it would still be 9kW but single phase so 39A (approx)

I knew what you were talking about....

I can believe that, ricicle was talking gibberish, you're famous for posting gibberish, so you were able to understand his gibberish.

I also know that you are a proven and self admitted liar.

Are you deliberately trying to start trouble. Please explain what is gibberish about my above statement. If you wish to have a public technical showdown then just say and we can talk technical with all members as onlookers -I don't care. I will admit if I am wrong and I would hope you would too. :confused:

Sorry but it tells us nothing.
As you may have worked out a lot depends on how it is wired. heaters could be wired star each being 230v and if so it can be reconfigured but could also be wired delta each being 400v and it would require quite large step up transformers to run them likely cheaper to renew elements and fit 230v ones instead.
Not sure if any motors but if there is they also could be wired star in which case they could be rewired delta and a cheap inverter £100 or so could work them from single phase supply but if wired delta then the voltage would be wrong and the inverter will cost three times what the other would cost.
As to Moeller C1 K3 125 1S that sounds like the markings on a contractor or switch C1 meaning contact 1 and nothing to do with main unit. Moeller make switchs and relays etc.
Don't know how much it is worth but unless it is very expensive likely best option is to sell it again.

Are you deliberately trying to start trouble.
Yes, he is.

Please explain what is gibberish about my above statement.
He can't - he doesn't do rational explanations - he thinks that mindless abuse which doesn't even make sense to him enhances his reputation and is good for the forum.

If you wish to have a public technical showdown then just say and we can talk technical with all members as onlookers -I don't care.
It's good that you don't care, because you won't get it.

I will admit if I am wrong and I would hope you would too. :confused:
He never admits that he's wrong. He just pretends that he no longer understands plain English. Apparently that enhances his reputation and is good for the forum.

Ok - explain the cess to me after you have explained why my post was gibberish (about the 3 phase power being basically 3 lots of single phase power)

I won't stray off the track !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back