3 Phase For Beginners! Help Needed!

small word, big meaning.

why you no read?

(MY reply to Earthwrm)

sell it.

the page you linked to says

3 phase 6kw only.

This is after all a diy forum, the OP does not know what 3 phase is, let alone change the wiring configuratiuon, which acording to the blunb can't be done anyway. Even if you could it would invalidate the g'tee.

Earthwrm, you have to ask your self why did the other people sell it? was it because they could not use it (doubtful, considering you wrote how they had it connected)

was it because it was expensive to run? probably

was it becuse no one wants 100 spuds cooking all at once? doubtfull

was it because they it is King Edward's and he wants it back? er, no.

was it because its too big, not popular and not a pealing , yes. (spud, a pealing, ok, i will get my coat)

Sponsored Links
Not that it seems relevant to the original query, but it was for sale because the couple who owned it had just had a child. The potato business belonged to the wife and she has given it up to raise the baby, leaving the husband as breadwinner.
Just because it can potentially make 100 potatoes an hour does not mean it has to, as it also has a warmer to keep pre-cooked spuds tasty. If potatoes are your sole product, you could shift quite a few at festivals or events, especially since our growing waistlines as a nation make 'healthy options' more attractive.
You may well be right that it is too expensive to run, but we are finding that out to our expense now. Our mistake. I guess that is the price of hasty eBay purchases in the dying minutes of an auction.
Selling it, as you and many others say, appears my best option, and seeing the demand for potato machines at the moment it shouldn't be too hard (I hope).
Thanks for all the constructive posts but there's no need for condescension.

See You Around Guys

The previous owners - how did they power it? Did they have a small commercial premises?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back