3 Port valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Now the warm weather has arrived we switched the heating off so only hot water would be called but unfortunately the radiators still got hot.
I searched various forums and the answer appeared to be a faulty 3 port valve so this morning I drained the system, changed the whole valve, sat back, thought what a great job I've done and switched the water on, but the radiators still get hot, I have checked the wiring but it appears correct, I have bled all the rads but they still get hot.

Looking at the various forums I can only see the answer is a new 3 port valve, but as I have done this and I still have the problem I am stumped.

Anyone have any ideas what it could be as I am tearing out what little hair I have left.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If as you suggest the controls wiring is correct along with replacing the 3 port (correct orientation) then I'm stumped.:):rolleyes:

Could be cylinder return not the last connection before boiler, bit of reverse flow going on ?

Three T's as @picasso - but then this would have been an existing fault, unless you've added any rads recently!

Sponsored Links
If as you suggest the controls wiring is correct along with replacing the 3 port (correct orientation) then I'm stumped.:):rolleyes:

Op: check the wiring again... if you just copied the existing - it may have been wrong to start with!

It's a different 3 port valve manufacturer, old Danfos, new Salus, I remembered this morning that late last year when I manually put the heating on at the controller then I had to switch the hot water on as well, otherwise the boiler wouldn't fire up, I moved the auto-manual switch on the 3 port a couple of times & the problem went away, was this a coincidence or could the problem be the controller??

Im now not convinced the wiring is correct, this is how I have wired it up, I copied from the old Danfos valve

Attachments

• 14917555288632052310703.jpg
    14917555288632052310703.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 104
If the blue/red/yellow on 6/7/8 is from the room stat then no the wiring is not right.

I'm not sure if they are from the room stat, is there a way of checking & if they are then how should the 3 port be wired up? thanks for your help with this.

White core for MV (term 7) is fed via room stat call for heat , not sure why you have more than two cores into No7 terminal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back