3 way valve problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I recently changed the 3way valve and in the process swapped the wires like for like. My problem is that now when I switch on the HW the CH comes on. I have noticed that the positions on the valve of the A and B or the opposite way round on the new one. The system is working fine but obviuosly this is not good as the room stat is operating through HW. Would it be a case of swapping over the wires from the valve i.e CH/ to HW and if so which of these do I swap. Thanks and soory for going on. Phil. :confused:

Sponsored Links
B should go to the cylinder and A to the heating. Swap the valve round and do the job correctly.

Thanks, I fiited new one as per old one taking it for granted markings were same. If valve were turned round it would make valve appear upside down with wiring coming out of top.

Sponsored Links
I remember it differently but just as effective B for Bath and A for erse as that is what you put on a radiator when sitting on it

Anyone else any suggestions :?:

Yes, if you don't know what you are doing get a pro, otherwise listen to what you have been told by 45yearsgasman and ignore anything Joe 90 ever tells you cos he is a clueless ********.

I'd be inclined to get a couple of relays from maplins, a metres of 5 core flex and keep playing till it worked as i wanted it to :mrgreen:

Then after a couple of days, turn the valve round, replace wiring as it was to start with..........happy days.

I'd be inclined to get a couple of relays from maplins, a metres of 5 core flex and keep playing till it worked as i wanted it to :mrgreen:

you would only need one
and depending on the room stat and wiring then you may not need any
;)

thanks Matt. reason i asked was that I wasn't sure if valve only operated one way so turning over may cause damage. Her indoors won't be happy when she has system off while I drain it and change valve round. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back