30amp junction box to connect kitchen extractor fan to FCU

G

gcltd

Hi, am I ok to use a 30amp junction box to connect kitchen extractor fan to a fcu, it was powering something else but I'm disconnecting this and connecting my kitchen extractor to it.
Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the junction box is switched directly from the FCU then you can use it. Make sure you fit an appropriately sized fuse in the FCU.

Hi, thanks for the reply, you say "if the junction box is switched directly from the FCU" what does this mean?
The FCU has a cable from the socket next to it then two cables going up to the roof - one spuring off I assume to the next switch/socket and the other to the extractor fan.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Look pal. It's people like you that really p*55 me off.

You have already started a topic on this: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=266025

I asked you some questions and you haven't bothered to reply. If you had answered my simple questions I would have been able to help you three days ago.

As it is you are off my Christmas Card list.

Get an electrician in. You are beyond help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back