40 UK Terror Plots Foiled In Last 10 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Where was Pan Am Flight 103 at the time of the attack?

The "attack" took place when a bomb was placed on the aircraft, or perhaps when it was prepared and concealed.

That was not in the UK.
It may have been put on at Frankfurt having originated in Malta, though the evidence is very shaky.

It exploded some hours later, while the plane was in flight. It had probably been intended to explode over the sea where the wreckage would mostly sink and be irrecoverable, to destroy evidence, but the flight was delayed.

Care to name one captive of an Islamic group shown in an orange boiler suit before Guantanamo prison camp opened it's doors?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanon_hostage_crisis

All kidnapped by Islamic Jihad or similar organisations either in retaliation for Western actions vs Arab nations or in support of Israel, or kidnapped to put pressure on Western nations to pressure other Arab governments.

But none of them were wearing orange jumpsuits, so I suppose that doesn't count....

Sponsored Links
But none of them were wearing orange jumpsuits, so I suppose that doesn't count....
Nope...

The point being is that almost all Islamic attacks/acts are in retaliation to western invasions/policies/influences in arab/moslem lands - hence the symbolism of the orange boiler suits...

And what we now loosely define as 'terrorism' can be traced back 6 decades, give or take a few years...

Can you tell us who we classed as our allies and who we considered were the terrorists at that time?

yes I agree you're right most of the terrorist acts appear to be tit for tat but the answer is not to simply give up on our countries interests when it come to alliances with the us or our interests in oil etc.

the point is there will always be some party or country that disagrees with our countries current policy/alliance/invasion etc, but with so many immigrants here who are happy to live off our state but confess they do not feel British, the problem then is that we have guests in our house who have no respect for us and it's much harder to control and defend against that, than an enemy baying at the borders, as in days gone by.

Indeed...

There is always 'talk'...

The trouble is very rarely are there any facts to back up this 'talk'...

Of course very conveniently the report about lee rigby's murder is released the day after the call for further intrusive surveillance...

A coincidence?

But of course our security services aren't to blame - it's all the fault of the internet companies...

Just another lever to justify total surveillance of the whole population...

And will it make us any 'safer'?

Of course it won't!

You're quite correct, Ella, it won't.

Thanks to your friends, along with our weak-willed government, this country is now lost.

Where was Pan Am Flight 103 at the time of the attack?
Irrelevant

But where was Iran Flight 655 at the time of that attack?

Relevant. The bomb appears to have been timed to go off whilst over our country.

I believe that Iran Flight 655 was, at the time it was shot down, approaching an American cruiser and, bearing in mind the tensions in that part of the world, was seen as a threat. That's the American's side of the coin, anyway, and we all know they tend to be a little trigger-happy.

So, rightly or wrongly (I don't propose to argue that point now), the Americans shot down an Iranian airliner and, in retaliation, some muslim terrorists decided to explode a bomb on an American airliner whilst over British air space.

Yes, I can see their distorted logic in that. America is, after all, the 'Great Satan' and Britain is its lap dog.

Relevant. The bomb appears to have been timed to go off whilst over our country.

The perpetrators had apparently intended the plane to crash into the sea, destroying any traceable evidence, but the late departure time of the aircraft meant that its explosion over land left a trail of evidence.[59]

Care to name an Islamic terrorist attack on the UK before the UK invaded Iraq?

If they justify attacking countries on their record of invading R O P countries, who did Kenya invade to warrant the shopping mall massacre? Who did India invade to deserve the assault on Mumbai? Who did Nigeria invade that 'forced' extremists to kidnap 300 school girls. As usual, you are an apologist for terrorists, and will stop at nothing to find ludicrous ways of justifying your support.

Just because The R O P claim that they are murdering innocent civilians to avenge our overseas missions, you automatically swallow their excuses. They can't stop their barbaric acts, because that's what they do. The allies haven't invaded Syria, but The R O P are still delighting in chopping up Syrian soldiers and civilians. You'll have to find a better excuse. :rolleyes:

Following the TV Drama "Great Fire of London" 1666, I decided to look up the real history,
It is assumed that the fire was started by accident, however Londoners believed it was started by Dutch Immigrants ( in retaliation for "Holmes`Bonfire" Anglo Dutch War Three weeks earlier )
London Riot gangs rampaged London destroying and attacking all Dutch Immigrants, it is not known how many were killed as there were no records at the time,
A French Man then admitted he started the Fire the Riot Gangs then turned their attention to all French Immigrants.

350 Years later and we still blame Immigrants for the problems caused to this Country,
Nothing has changed, other than the nationality of the Immigrants.

Maybe if the immigrants being blamed today didn't stand in the street waving placards encouraging their fellow immigrants to kill those who don't believe in their imaginary deity, your ridiculous argument might have a shred of credibility.

approaching an American cruiser

In that case Americans would be justified in shooting anything down. It was an Airbus on it's normal flight path .

I see Elly's come out again in defence of the ROP again. As far as Lockerbie is concerned, it was an attack on the West by Muslim terrorists. (or is he now going to claim the people responsible were good Christian stock) ;) ;)

PS, before Elly starts wanting us to apologise for the acts of this country, long confined to history, I'll apologise now for the shenanigans Adam and Eve got up to in the Garden of Eden. (think we better get Stephen Hawking to apologise for the Big Bang too) ;) ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back