40mm waste behind under worktop oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Excuse if this topic has been raised before, but I've seen a couple of different answers.....

I am moving the sink to a new position in the kitchen, but this will mean running the waste pipe being the counters, including a built in oven (in a standard oven housing). Getting it to fit is not a problem as I have found an oven that is not very deep (not a fan oven but a good compromise I'd say) so there will be a good 4 - 5cms between the back of the oven and the waste pipe.

However, I have assumed that heat will not be a problem and wanted to check that this assumption was correct? It will obviously get quite warm behind the oven but surely not warm enough to interfere with the waster pipe? Dropping the waste pipe down to underneath the oven isn't really an option I am afraid.... at least not without a massive headache!

Sponsored Links
You need to ensure that you have adequate air flow for the oven.
The waste pipe will get warm, as long as it is well supported it should be ok.
Its airflow for the oven that you require

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back