Dishwasher waste hose plumbing question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a dishwasher that I need to plumb in, but annoyingly the only place for it is the other side of my oven. There's currently no waste pipe to there and I can't run one directly below the counter top because the oven takes up all the space behind there. The only space that is left is *under* the oven.

However the kitchen waste exit hole is about mid way up the oven, under the sink.

I was wondering if I can extend the waste hose of the dishwasher *underneath* the oven and then back up above the u-bend. As long as the original rise after the dishwasher is taller than the u-bend on my sink then it should be okay, right?

But there will presumably be standing water in the hose extension. Can that cause problems?

Picture of what I want to do:

mNFS6PF.png

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Sponsored Links
You could do it the way you have shown but eventualy the pipe will block up as the sediment settles in the standing water, I would extend the waste pipe from the d/washer but channel the wall behind the oven right at the top so the pipe is empty between washes.

Where do the sink waste pipe goes to? Through the wall into gully or to the soil stack?
Might be able to run a new waste pipe through wall to the gully?

Daniel.

Sponsored Links
Waste pipe of sink just terminates about 50cm up my kitchen wall. Straight into the brickwork, not out of the ground inside my kitchen.

I've just had my oven out to look for what kind of clearance I have. It looks like I might be able to run the waste hose above it. It'll be a real tight fit though and I'll need to check how hot the back of my oven gets when on because it'll likely be in contact with the hose. There's power lines back there though, and they seem to be doing okay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back