45 amp fuse light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
could someone help? The 45amp fuse light on the cooker switch is flickering very faintly. Anyone know if this is a problem with the wiring or the fuse light? Cooker and all other lights in the house are working fine.
thanks
Kajan

Sponsored Links
It's likely to be the neon light that is starting to fail. But there will be no harm in isolating the circuit, proving dead using approved voltage indicator. Then making sure all the connection are in and tightened up to give good contact.

Thanks guys.

PrenticeBoyofDerry, It's a new switch so didn't think the neon light would be at fault. I heard it is normal for neon light to flicker when it's ageing. I will see if I can do the voltage testing.

EFLImpudence, Didn't realise there is no fuse. what's the purpose of having a neon light for the switch in that case?

Sponsored Links
The neon is to indicate the appliance is switched on.
Some neon indicators flicker when new, i have noticed this on MK manufactured accesories

Yes, a bit pointless really as likely to be on permanently and switch is in the on position.

You can get cooker switches and other isolators without neon indicators, its your preference.

I put a MK Isolator with a neon in a while ago and it flickered for a bit to begin with and then settled down, this might happen to yours too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back