4mm Radial Circuit

I would really class capping as mechanical protection.

It getting thinner too, I used some the other day that must have been made by BacoFoil!!!!

Good job I've got a lifetimes supply in the shed of the good old stuff that was being chucked at the end of a job!

Sponsored Links
And on the 4mm2 T&E topic, I've never actually installed it myself, not even sure who stocks the stuff!

Have used 4mm2 singles tho.

Sponsored Links
Method numbers 1 - 5, equals methods A + B, no mention of trunking.

That's not the case, I was trying to see how you could apply methods A or B as they're generally for trunking and conduit.

There's no need to go all mardy.

See the bold text above from an earlier reply. You must have missed it first time around...

The logic being you had already made a mistake by assuming direct in masonry/plaster was method A or B. I then made a comment that methods A and B were generally for trunking and conduit.

Still, it's no big deal so don't worry about it.

sorry for the delay.
I had a word with an electrician who came to work and he said that in theory, as long as the runs were less than 30m there is no reason 4mm couldnt be used as it is in the new 17th edition whatsit called LOL. So he said to check what length runs the other guy intends to run and take it form there.
He did say that the 4mm and 32amp is a bit close so 6mm would be much better.

Any opinions on that.

Btw, I have no idea what all the A B C talk is about Hahaha

Standard rings would be a nightmare in this house.
Terminating 2 x 6mm² cables in each socket won't be pleasant either - your electrician will really not thank you for specifying it. And if this is a rewire it could well mean that you won't be able to re-use existing flush boxes.

Seriously - if ring finals are out drop back to 20A radials on 4mm², or even 2.5mm² if installation method and length/breaker type permit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back