51/5 faults...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Red lockout & 2 flashes ( gas valve circuit ) fault
Boiler has had 3 pcb's & sensors in the past 14 months ....
All of which have got the system up & running.....
Had similar fault 2 yrs ago & baxi's tech. Support told me to change
Gas vale & lead aswell as pcb & sensor.....
4 months later this boiler failed with the same fault & system was replaced with pro 28......
Now have this problem again... Voltages , polarities , & resistances have all been checked as per mi's & baxi's tech ....
Baxi advise that the gas valve me be drifting/ spiking ?!?!?!? When system running & taking out pcb & sensor......
Anyone able to shed any light on this fault ???????

Loosing the will to live with these electronic bbu's ....... Chucking pcb's & sensors as a quick fix isn't my style !!!!!
( by the way it wasn't me who replaced all the pcb's ) just got landed with the ongoing faults....

Sponsored Links
You have not described your involvement.

If a Gas Reg engineer then ask in the Combustion Chamber as we dont give advice on gas/combustion issues here.

If the owner then call an RGI !

A BG or Baxi fixed price could have been cheaper. And BG cover would have been much cheaper!

Tony

I have attended both repairs & yes I am a Registered Engineer...
The initial job I attended 2yrs ago was a social housing repair .....
The most recent job is for private landlord who has contacted me.....
As per my initial post I have attended both repairs & have been able to get the systems up & running by replacing the pcb & sensor....
I contacted baxi's 2yrs ago & they advised to replace all the parts mentioned after which the system failed 4months later & the boiler was replaced,,,
The most recent job I attended this week & as before the system will not reset from lockout unless the pcb & sensor are replaced ( I carry these parts as van stock )
I spoke to baxi again yesterday who can shed no light on this fault & advise a dual visit......
I have spoken to several repair engineers & others have seen similar issues with these electronic baxi's.....
I did advise the private landlord that a bg contract would probably be a better option but he wanted the boiler up & running .....
As I said before replacing a pcb & leaving isn't my style ..... Getting to the cause of the fault is what I'm looking for ....
Cheers....

Sponsored Links
I will move to the combustion chamber in the future....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back